Mango Watermelon Salsa – The title says it all.
What To Do With It
Idea 1: This is wonderful on top of any fresh fish such as wild caught salmon.
What is Good About It?
- Fennel is awesome for digestion.
- Cucumber and watermelon are very hydrating—good for the skin.
- Mango contains a ton of vitamin C, A, B6, fiber, copper and folate. Here is the official mango website for more details about mango.
- Cilantro has beta carotene and vitamin A. More here
- One fresh mango cut into small pieces- get a ripe mango! Too ripe is mushy but way better thannot ripe enough.
Ripe = flavor! Here is some great info about how to choose a mango.
And want to know how to cut it? Check this video out.
- One cup fresh watermelon diced
- ½ cup sliced fennel bulb
- Diced cucumber
- Fresh mint or cilantro
Idea 2: This is wonderful with some added ingredients and fresh vegetables.
Add some fresh tomatoes (pureed in your blender or Vitamix) and a dash or two of cayenne and chipotle then mix in some black beans for a great dip with celery sticks and carrots.